Hello there Reader
What a day of untamed climate in Melbourne! Fortunately my trusty Merry Individuals gumboots are conserving my toes dry and toasty. This Melbourne model of trendy waterproof boots was one in all my lockdown discoveries and I’m only a *little* bit obsessed – I put on them on a regular basis, even when it’s not raining!
Wanting forward, this week on the positioning we’re speaking quite a bit about Halloween! My youngsters don’t love the dressing up half anymore, however they nonetheless love the candy treats and the events. Begin planning your Halloween enjoyable now with our listing of Melbourne Halloween occasions for households.
Lastly, keep in mind that this Saturday is the referendum for recognising Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander folks inside our Structure by way of a Voice to Parliament. I had a chat with somebody yesterday who wasn’t certain what it was all about – so in the event you really feel the identical approach, I invite you to take a look at a few of these assets to tell your vote earlier than you go to the polls:
- Get the information with The Guardian‘s annotated Sure and No marketing campaign pamphlets
- Watch VOICEfacts from the College of Melbourne
- Use the Australian Authorities’s Neighborhood Toolkit
And naturally, don’t neglect to help your native polling station/college’s fundraising efforts. Democracy Sausage has all of the deets on the place to search out your nearest Democracy Sausage and Democracy Cake!
P.S. When you run or handle a enterprise or attraction for households in Melbourne, we wish to know what distinctive occasions and actions you’ve gotten deliberate for November and past! Simply submit your info to publish a free itemizing on our month-to-month and seasonal What’s On and achieve publicity to 137,000 month-to-month viewers.
What’s On This Week
- The Little Nests (Sat 14 Oct – Solar 15 Oct) – At ArtPlay: An immersive journey in imaginary dwellings. A part of the Melbourne Fringe Pageant.
- Pageant Park (Wed 11 Oct – Solar 29 Oct) – Immerse your self in Melbourne’s vibrant Queen Victoria Market. Get pleasure from top-notch acrobatics, hilarious comedy, and fascinating cabaret performances in a pop-up play space by Headfirst Acrobats.
- CIRCUS • The Present (Sat 14 Oct – Solar 29 Oct) – Roll up! Roll up! Enter a world of caprice, marvel, and amazement the place your creativeness will soar like by no means earlier than, on this utterly re-imagined household circus spectacular! A part of the Melbourne Fringe Pageant.
- Canine Lovers Present (Fri 13 Oct – Solar 15 Oct) – one of many largest festivals on the earth devoted to educating, entertaining and galvanizing canine lovers.
- Our Nice Fete (Sat 14 Oct) – A lot enjoyable available there will likely be a great deal of rides for all ages, candy to savoury meals and drinks, and numerous stalls that are certain to have one thing for everybody.
- World Foodie Fest & Market (Sat 14 Oct, Sat 21 Oct, Sat 28 Oct, & Sat 4 Nov) – Embark on a culinary journey each week, exploring the wealthy flavors and cultures of Melbourne.
- Orchestra Victoria’s Little Puggle’s Tune (Sat 14 Oct) – Be part of a enjoyable musical journey for teenagers aged 4-8. Discover devices and storytelling!
- Whitehorse Spring Pageant (Solar 15 Oct) – free rides, performances, workshops and exercise periods.
- Stringybark Pageant (Solar 15 Oct) – an annual occasion celebrating all issues selfmade, homegrown and upcycled within the Metropolis of Knox.
- Guài (Thu 5 Oct – Solar 15 Oct) – Unleash your interior monster with this AI-charged avatar expertise. As a part of the Melbourne Fringe Pageant.
What’s HOT This Week
EAT & DRINK
Your furry sidekick deserves an evening out – discover the perfect dog-friendly pubs
A robust storytelling expertise is coming to Geelong Arts Centre
Store for the perfect Halloween Costumes in Melbourne from Megajoy and extra
DIY meals concepts for a spooktacular Halloween celebration
EAT & DRINK
Go to one in all these sushi trains for a enjoyable household expertise
Bounce off some power at the perfect trampoline centres
Measurement-inclusive, stylish, and reasonably priced boho style empowering girls