This put up might comprise compensated hyperlinks. Please check with my disclosure right here for extra info.
In episode 66 of the UK Journey Planning Podcast, we proceed our exploration of the variations between the UK and the USA.
Our visitor, Kathryn Johnson, not too long ago travelled to the UK and makes some fascinating observations as an American customer.
On this episode, we delve into Kathryn’s notes to debate the whole lot from tipping in eating places, the ins and outs of navigating UK intersections to the distinctive expertise of having fun with a cup of tea in England. Kathryn advises on the necessity to decelerate, soak within the particulars round you, and sure, keep in mind to look proper earlier than crossing the road!
Be a part of us as we navigate the quirks of UK tradition, perceive menus, and listen to her ideas for profiting from your journey. So saddle up, sip your tea (or espresso), and let’s embark on this enlightening journey collectively!
Click on the blue button under to hear:
Episode 66 – Present Notes
UK versus US (Half 2) with Kathryn Johnson
Matters coated on this episode embody:
- Kathryn’s experiences as a preparation for different travellers.
- Tipping and repair prices in UK eating places and bars.
- Rest room stalls and privateness within the UK versus USA.
- Site visitors and navigation errors within the UK.
- Lack of ice in drinks (and bottomless drinks will not be widespread)
- Checking the bottles if you purchase water in order to not buy glowing by accident.
- Restricted choices for full restaurant meals later within the night.
- Bag necessities when grocery purchasing.
- Variations between American and English iced tea.
- Confusion between terminology – floor ground and first ground.
- The usage of the 24 hour clock for occasions.
- Dates are written with the day first, not the month.
Click on right here to obtain a PDF Transcript of Episode 66
- Episode #7 – 15 Issues to know earlier than you go to England
- Episode #4 – Suggestions for first time guests to London
- Episode #67 – Visiting London: 15 issues to know earlier than you go to
- Episode #47 – Sensible ideas for Visiting the UK – Your prime 10 FAQs answered
Subscribe and overview
When you have discovered our Podcast useful please depart us a overview! We actually admire your assist and it’ll assist make our podcast seen to a larger viewers.
Please subscribe so that you don’t miss any future episodes!