Not solely had I all the time needed to go to Iceland, I’d all the time needed to expertise The Blue Lagoon. It’d lengthy been on my journey bucket record. After I arrived on the Blue Lagoon Iceland, it was nonetheless darkish. Commonplace for late December there, when dawn sometimes occurs round 11:15 a.m. Regardless that I used to be drained after my lengthy transatlantic flight, I used to be so excited to be there that I used to be the primary one off the bus. Regardless of my heavy baggage, I ran up the lengthy path to the doorway and proper inside in order that I might get a first-rate spot in line.
Arriving At The Blue Lagoon In Iceland
I breezed by means of check-in, saved my baggage, became my swimsuit, tied my hair again (you don’t wish to get your hair moist), donned the signature Blue Lagoon white fuzzy gown, slipped into my flip-flops, took the obligatory bathe and went instantly outdoors as rapidly as doable.
Earlier than I might even take up the scene in entrance of me, I used to be assaulted by a blistering, chilly Icelandic wind. I laughed when I noticed others emerge from the constructing, additionally shocked by the ultra-cold temperatures. Most would scream or giggle, rapidly dump their apparel, and streak rapidly into the soothing blue waters of the lagoon.
Beneficial studying: A Piece Of The Berlin Wall In Reykjavik Iceland
All Of The Blue At The Blue Lagoon
Every thing, and Though my fingers felt like icicles and the wind was whipping up and below my gown, I used to be decided to stroll round and take photographs earlier than it bought too busy.
I imply every thing, was blue. Not solely the water however the horizon. You may simply make out the silhouette of the mountains within the distance. Wisps of steam flew wildly from the water. It was like being on a distant planet and it didn’t appear actual. It was stunning and completely good.
I waded in and sank into the water as much as my neck. It was actually heat and welcoming. The milky blue liquid enveloped me and as I swam round, the sky slowly brightened and I might see extra of the spa space and the encircling mountains.
“Holy shit!” I believed with a smile. “I’m actually right here. I’m truly right here. I’m swimming within the Blue Lagoon .”
It was every thing I ever dreamed of.
The Blue Lagoon Iceland Spa Expertise
My smile didn’t cease there because it was time for a spa remedy. I used to be scheduled for the pure salt glow. The remedy concerned the appliance of a salt glow to my complete physique, to exfoliate my pores and skin and provides me a radiant and wholesome look.
I swam over to the designated spa space and waited for my attendant to reach. He confirmed up carrying a wetsuit, a winter jacket, and a hat! Saying a cheerful howdy, he instructed me to climb up on an inflatable pool mattress and lie on my abdomen. I hesitantly bought on the mattress and was instantly stunned by the chilly. He saved the day by rapidly dipping a few blankets within the water after which protecting my physique with the nice and cozy, moist blankets. This was definitely totally different than every other spa remedy I’d ever had.
He began by peeling again the blanket to show considered one of my legs. Slapped once more by the gusting winds and freezing temperatures, I shivered uncontrollably. He put the scrub on his arms and started to vigorously rub my leg. I yelped with ache! The applying of the scrub, mixed with the chilly was an excessive amount of to bear. He continued on along with his process at hand, working his strategy to the opposite leg and the remainder of my physique. It was like merciless and strange punishment.
Each couple of minutes, the blanket would turn out to be icy chilly. Presently, the attendant would take away it, moist it, and apply it again on me. The time between the removing and the appliance was solely a minute however was chilly, to say the least.
At one level I requested, “Um, is it supposed to harm this a lot?” He laughed and stated, “You probably did order the salt scrub, didn’t you?” I nodded in resignation and let him attain our painful end. Sure, people, I’d simply bought rubbed down within the Blue Lagoon.
I additionally bought to expertise one of many spa’s many facilities by having a silica mud masks utility. Lastly, our session ended with an in-water therapeutic massage. It was heaven and I started to chill out once more. This, it appeared, was my “blissful ending.”
When it was over, I swam out to the primary a part of the pool to recuperate.
The Fantastic thing about the Blue Lagoon Itself
The solar had come out and the skyline was dreamy. To say I used to be blissful would have been an understatement.
To complete off my time on the Blue Lagoon, I swam as much as the bar and had a glass of prosecco. I’ll have been alone however I silently toasted a bizarre however great second in my life and sighed with the happiness that I’d simply made a dream come true.
The Icelandic Panorama At The Blue Lagoon
Whereas ready for the ultimate shuttle bus to reach and take me into Reykjavik, I wandered across the property and bought much more photographs of the Icelandic panorama.
What do you consider the Blue Lagoon in Iceland? Do you may have every other Icelandic journey ideas for us? Inform our readers about it within the feedback beneath.
Blue Lagoon Iceland
(+354) 420 8800
Good To Know
1) Go to the Blue Lagoon upon arrival in Iceland. It’s near the airport – you’ll be able to drive there your self or purchase a bus ticket on the airport. When you arrive in the midst of the night time, be ready to attend. The primary bus doesn’t depart for the Blue Lagoon till about 8:30 a.m.
2) When you plan to go to Reykjavik afterward, be sure you additionally e-book transport to Reykjavik from the Blue Lagoon similtaneously you e-book your transport to the Blue Lagoon from the airport.
3) Go to the Blue Lagoon early within the morning, as there are fewer folks. It will get rather more crowded because the day goes on.
4) Make reservations earlier than you arrive as you’ll get by means of the road sooner. Additionally really helpful if you wish to expertise a spa remedy. Guide on-line instantly on the Blue Lagoon web site. Costs begin at 35 euros or $43 US (earlier than spa charges).
5) I booked the Consolation Go which incorporates the customer cross, entrance price, use of a towel, drink of your selection, skincare trial pack, and algae masks. I feel it presents the perfect worth (50 euros or $62 US), because it was good to have a drink within the lagoon and have use of a towel.
6) If you wish to go to round Christmas, you should definitely take a look at the schedule. I went on December twenty fourth and the spa closed round 1:00 p.m. and was then closed for 1-2 days afterward.
7) For extra information concerning the Blue Lagoon and recommendations on how one can maintain your hair (if it will get moist, it’s extraordinarily onerous to scrub out the mineral buildup), try this beneficial article from The Blonde Overseas.
9) To get probably the most out of your journey to Iceland, e-book a tour.
10) For extra European journey inspiration, try a few of our hottest posts.
*Disclosure – This publish additionally comprises some affiliate hyperlinks. When you e-book a tour or lodge by means of any of those hyperlinks, I’ll earn a tiny fee at no additional value to you. Thanks on your help!