There’s nothing like a very good ol’ pandemic to make you admire being outdoors much more. I used to be beginning to get cabin fever and began exploring choices for journey whereas being socially accountable, and going glamping close to me within the Bay Space appeared like the best choice. Glamping was interesting as a result of it’s one thing that you are able to do whereas social distancing, whereas having fun with the good open air and immersing your self in nature.
My mates and I made a decision to go to Mendocino Grove on account of its proximity to the Bay Space and as a noob camper, I appreciated how simple and easy all the expertise was. There may be nearly no arrange wanted in your half – there may be already a tent with beds inside, electrical shops, and the half that I used to be most enthusiastic about…plumbing and sizzling showers. That is basically tenting for yuppies and after this expertise, it’s going to be arduous to return to common tenting.
One factor that you’ll have to prep is meals. We selected to go full on Asian and produce a grill and kbbq! At every camp website, there was a picnic desk and two units of benches in addition to a campfire pit. Mendocino Grove additionally sells s’mores kits if the craving hits if you’re there. You’ll find extra information on what is offered for meals right here.
By way of issues to do, there are many outside actions close by like mountain climbing and Large River Seashore, which was 5 minutes away from the campsite. We selected to do the Mendocino Grove Loop path, which begins on the camp and is a 1/2 mile loop. We selected a brief loop as a result of we received to the park website late, however you could find extra hikes right here.
Camp companies open throughout COVID-19:
- Breakfast – Espresso and yogurt parfaits are served by a camp worker who’s masked
- Hearth startup – Camp workers can be found through textual content that can assist you and your group get your fireplace began (we had been very grateful for this)
- Offered every particular person with their very own hand sanitizer bottle upon getting into the campgrounds
Camp companies shut down on account of COVID-19:
- Communal dinners
- Group yoga
By way of price, it may be fairly expensive. A tent for two adults was $189.00 and a tent for 4 adults was $259.00 for a Thursday evening. There may be additionally the choice to convey pets for a further cost. Together with taxes and costs, the entire got here out to be ~$550.00 for six individuals and 1 canine for 1 weeknight. That is similar to getting a pleasant Airbnb and whereas it was a enjoyable expertise, I don’t know that I can justify the fee for going glamping right here once more.
- On the way in which up, we selected to cease by Russian River Brewery at their Santa Rosa location, which was doing outside eating and dog-friendly.
- As a result of we’re in a pandemic, we had a continuing regular of hand sanitizer and regularly washed our fingers. We wore masks each time we had been with strangers.
In the event you appreciated this publish, it’s possible you’ll like the next:
- Tips on how to Go to Crater Lake, Burney Falls, McCloud River, Mount Shasta, Shasta Lake, and Bend, Oregon in 4 Days
- How I Went to Zion, Bryce Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, and the Grand Canyon in Six Days
Watch the Youtube video under to expertise Mendocino Grove with me!
*MeWantTravel is reader-supported. Once you purchase by hyperlinks on our website, we might earn an affiliate fee.