On this submit, I’ll be reviewing the Changing into a Freelance Author course by Knowadays. I’ve simply completed taking it myself, and inside this weblog, I’ll share with you an in depth breakdown of the course; what it contains, and my sincere ideas and emotions about it.
Freelance writing is an incredible technique to become profitable from anyplace on this planet. I’m a contract author and am scripting this from a home in Spain with a view of the ocean (not bragging, however it’s stunning!). Nonetheless, with plenty of would-be writers on the market, the competitors might be fierce.
In case you’re critical about launching your freelance writing profession, however don’t have plenty of expertise, it is likely to be value contemplating investing in a course to set you off.
Be aware: Knowadays was referred to as Proofreading Academy. In case you see any on-line references to Proofreading Academy evaluations, it’s successfully the identical firm.
Knowadays Freelance Author Course: Fast Look
Listed below are a number of of the important thing takeaways to notice concerning the freelance writing course by Knowadays:
- Written supplies and sensible workout routines: Many of the course consists of written supplies so that you can learn in your personal time. There are additionally hyperlinks to exterior sources, a sequence of useful precedent paperwork (together with outreach emails), and a number of other (unassessed) written workout routines so that you can put your abilities into observe.
- Quizzes to check your understanding: Most modules include quizzes to assist higher cement your data and understanding. These aren’t assessed and you may repeat them as many occasions as you want.
- Ultimate written evaluation: When you’ve accomplished the course supplies, you’ll write and submit a closing written evaluation. The duty is to jot down a weblog submit, following a content material transient and elegance information, so it’s a reasonably correct simulation of a real-life freelance writing job.
- Suggestions from tutors: Your closing evaluation is marked and graded by a Knowadays tutor. The tutor will then provide you with detailed suggestions and give you the choice to debate your outcomes with them on a name.
- Alternative to jot down for Knowadays: In case you rating 80% or extra on the ultimate evaluation, you’ll be given the chance to jot down three blogs for the Knowadays content material group. This can be a nice technique to begin build up a portfolio of your work immediately, particularly in the event you’re simply beginning out.
- It takes 10–20 hours: The precise time it’ll take you depends upon how briskly you learn, and the way lengthy it takes you to do the observe assignments, in addition to the ultimate written task.
- Course price: The course often prices $999. Nonetheless, proper now you will get 25% off by utilizing the promo code “GOATS25”.
- Free trial: Knowadays gives a free trial that provides you entry to a small proportion of the course, so you possibly can attempt it out and see whether or not the format works for you earlier than parting with any cash.
- Study extra: For extra data on this course, try the Knowadays web site.
Knowadays, previously often known as Proofreading Academy, is a highly-regarded supplier of on-line programs. Established in 2017, the corporate has a wonderful popularity and a formidable score of 4.8/5 on Trustpilot.
Knowadays was referred to as Proofreading Academy. In case you see any references to that firm on-line, it’s successfully the identical group.
In addition to Knowadays’ freelance author’s course, the corporate moreover gives industry-leading programs on Changing into a Proofreader and Changing into an Editor. I’ve accomplished each of those programs, and I’d extremely advocate them to anybody who’s additionally contemplating a profession inside these fields.
The standard of Knowadays’ course supplies is constantly wonderful, they usually’re all 100% out there on-line.
Who’s the Changing into a Freelance Author Course For?
The great thing about freelance writing is that you are able to do it from anyplace on this planet. It’s an ideal choice for digital nomads, van lifers, stay-at-home mother and father, and different distant employees who’re involved in beginning a contract writing enterprise. Alternatively, it’s perfect for anybody simply seeking to make a bit extra cash on-line.
Anybody with a ardour for writing is usually a freelance author. However it may be aggressive, and it’s usually onerous to make your self stand out.
Taking the Changing into a Freelance Author course with Knowadays will assist to make sure that you could have the data, abilities, and techniques to achieve your freelance writing profession.
Private Expertise With the Knowadays Writing Course
I completely loved taking the Knowadays freelance writing course. The supplies are all offered in an accessible, easy-to-follow format, they usually handle to cram plenty of helpful data in with out being inaccessible or overwhelming.
I like how the course blends theoretical data with sensible workout routines, to assist in giving you a practical sense of what it’s realistically prefer to be knowledgeable freelance author.
As a contract author myself, I really feel that the data and eventualities offered within the course are all spot-on and precisely mirror the sensible realities and nature of freelance writing.
I like that the modules are structured in easy-to-digest modules to assist hold you engaged. This additionally means you possibly can full the course in as many sittings as you select.
My one piece of adverse suggestions could be about the price of the course versus how lengthy it takes to finish. It solely took me round 10 hours in complete to finish the course, so it’s pretty costly on a per-hour foundation.
See beneath for a extra in-depth dialogue of the prices of this course and whether or not it’s value it.
Taking the Knowadays Freelance Writing Course
On this part of my evaluate of Knowadays’ writing course, I’ll go into extra element about a few of the key options of the course. To present you a greater sense of what the course entails, I’ll stroll you thru what’s included and the matters coated.
What’s Included within the Course?
Right here’s a abstract of the important thing options of Changing into a Freelance Author by Knowadays:
- 8 Modules: Every module is well-structured and covers a variety of extremely related matters, comparable to learn how to use content material briefs, efficient analysis, Search engine marketing, consumer administration, and extra.
- Templates: Downloadable pattern paperwork and electronic mail templates (e.g. outreach for potential work, responding to commercials, chasing unpaid invoices, responding to suggestions, and so forth.).
- Quizzes: Unassessed end-of-module quizzes to check your understanding and reinforce your data.
- Ultimate evaluation: This takes the type of a simulated real-life freelance writing task. You’re given a quick and a mode information, after which have to jot down and submit a weblog submit which is assessed by a member of the Knowadays group.
- Detailed suggestions: As soon as your closing evaluation has been marked and graded, you’ll obtain detailed suggestions from a Knowadays tutor. You’ll even be supplied a 1-on-1 suggestions name with the tutor to run by way of your ends in extra depth and focus on any points you might have confronted, in addition to elevate any further questions you might have.
- Publishing alternative: The prospect on your personal writing to be printed on Knowadays’ weblog (nice for constructing your freelance writing portfolio) in the event you rating 80% or greater on the ultimate written evaluation.
Matters Lined within the Freelance Author Course
That is an outline of the principle matters coated within the course. I’ll go into extra element about every of those within the following sections:
- An introduction to freelance writing
- The character (and perks) of writing as a freelancer
- Challenges confronted by freelance writers
- Content material writing versus copywriting
- Completely different writing kinds
- Key issues to contemplate when following a quick and elegance information
- An introduction to Search Engine Optimization (Search engine marketing)
- The way to write Search engine marketing-friendly weblog posts
- Managing consumer relationships
- Sensible suggestions and knowledge on learn how to discover work as a contract author
Knowadays Freelance Writing Course Define
Right here’s a breakdown of the course, together with what’s coated in every module:
- Module 1 (Introduction): This can be a transient overview of the course, the way it works, learn how to entry the supplies, and different preliminary data.
- Module 2 (Freelance Content material Writing): An introduction to freelance content material writing.
- What content material writers do
- Key variations between content material writing and copywriting
- Differing types and kinds of content material
- Module 3 (Making ready for a Content material Writing Mission): This module is all about understanding what your consumer desires, together with the scope of the undertaking and the character of the transient.
- The way to perceive and use content material briefs
- Helpful analysis abilities
- Understanding your target market
- Module 4 (Writing Skilled Weblog Posts and Articles): That is the most important module within the course and offers detailed recommendation and insights on learn how to write high-quality weblog posts and different articles.
- The way to construction weblog posts and different articles
- Frequent weblog codecs
- Writing persuasively
- Methods to keep away from “fluff” when writing
- Working with phrase counts and different pointers
- Mastering a selected tone and voice
- Finalizing your content material so it’s prepared for the consumer
- Module 5 (Search Engine Optimization): Search engine marketing is a large matter, however this module offers a useful overview of the key options of Search engine marketing that you simply’re more likely to encounter as a contract author.
- The way to write Search engine marketing-friendly content material
- Understanding key phrases and learn how to use them successfully
- The way to write Search engine marketing meta-descriptions and titles
- Module 6 (Case Research – Writing an Article): This can be a sensible walk-through of a fictional writing undertaking, displaying you the way freelance writers apply their abilities in observe.
- Guides you thru all of the steps, from receiving the consumer’s transient to submitting the ultimate draft
- The way to put together for the undertaking
- Writing a primary draft, and subsequent edits
- Efficient communication with the consumer
- The way to take care of suggestions and requested amendments
- Module 7 (Constructing Your Enterprise): This can be a tremendous useful module and it was my favourite a part of the course. It offers you a great deal of sensible suggestions and recommendation for learn how to construct up a profitable freelance writing enterprise from scratch.
- The way to launch your freelance writing profession
- Constructing your model
- The way to discover shoppers
- Deciding how a lot to cost
- Exhibiting examples of your work by way of a portfolio or related
- Different helpful skilled recommendation and suggestions
- Module 8 (The Ultimate Task): Within the closing module, you’ll obtain a consumer transient and a mode information, after which have to jot down a high-quality weblog submit, which is to be submitted to Knowadays for evaluation. It’s an correct simulation of a real-life freelance writing job and a very good technique to put together your self for the true factor.
- As soon as accomplished, you’ll obtain detailed suggestions, and the chance to have a one-on-one suggestions name with a Knowadays tutor
- In case you get a distinction (i.e. 80% or above) on this closing written evaluation, additionally, you will be given the chance to jot down three blogs for the Knowadays content material group
Value of the Course
The Knowadays Changing into a Freelance Author Course presently prices $999. This can be a vital funding – there’s no denying it. You should utilize promo code GOATS25 to obtain 25% off your entire worth of the course:
$999 $749.25. This positively makes it simpler to swallow!
When you think about that the common freelance author in the US earns greater than $25 per hour – and the extra expertise you could have, the upper a wage you possibly can command – for many individuals this course will simply pay for itself in the long term (doubtlessly not so lengthy!).
You possibly can pay for the course with a credit score or debit card. In case you’re a US or UK resident, you may also pay in installments by way of a cost plan.
It’s value mentioning that alongside your buy, you’ll achieve lifetime entry to all the course supplies. So, you possibly can return over them as many occasions as you want.
I believe that is particularly helpful on condition that the course accommodates a number of wonderful electronic mail templates that you should use in your personal enterprise going ahead. These electronic mail templates embrace:
- Making use of for freelance positions
- Reaching out to reconnect with former shoppers
- Negotiating pay on a brand new undertaking
- Negotiating for a pay improve with an present consumer
- Sending invoices
- Chasing unpaid invoices
- Asking for evaluations and testimonials
- Pushing again on requests for unpaid revisions
Professionals and Cons: Knowadays Author Course
As with something, there are numerous execs and cons to taking the Changing into a Freelance Author course with Knowadays. Nonetheless, total, I believe it’s a wonderful course and the professionals far outweigh the cons.
So long as you possibly can swallow the associated fee, I’d extremely advocate this course to any potential freelance author. That mentioned, listed below are a number of key execs and cons so that you can contemplate:
Professionals of Knowadays Freelance Writing Course
- The course covers a broad vary of matters which are extremely related for anybody contemplating a contract writing profession
- All the content material is damaged up into easy-to-digest modules
- Supplies are laid out clearly and are straightforward to observe
- Quizzes to strengthen your data
- Good mix of theoretical data and sensible workout routines
- Lifelike eventualities and case research that will help you discover ways to sort out real-life duties and issues
- A wonderful introduction to Search Engine Optimization (Search engine marketing) helps de-mystify this in depth matter
- A number of sensible recommendation on learn how to write Search engine marketing-friendly weblog posts, with out requiring any technical Search engine marketing experience
- It’s 100% on-line so you possibly can full the course from anyplace on this planet, every time works for you
- Lifetime entry to all course supplies
- Likelihood for detailed 1-on-1 suggestions with a Knowadays tutor following your closing evaluation
- In case you rating 80% or extra, you will get your writing printed on the Knowadays web site, which is a wonderful means that will help you construct up a portfolio of your work
- A number of helpful sensible hints and suggestions that will help you discover your ft as a contract author
- Glorious electronic mail templates so that you can use in your personal enterprise; saving you effort and time
Cons of Knowadays Freelance Writing Course
- The primary con of this course is the associated fee. $999 is some huge cash and is more likely to be a barrier for many individuals. Nonetheless, as mentioned above, profitable freelance writers can earn wonderful cash, so it might be a worthwhile funding. (You additionally get 25% off with the GOATS25 promo code)
- The whole course is within the type of written materials, which isn’t more likely to be an issue for individuals who be taught finest by way of studying, nonetheless, it’s not perfect for many who are visible or auditory learners
- It’s a comparatively new course so there aren’t quite a lot of testimonials and evaluations out there about it on-line. I’ve personally accomplished it although and I assumed it was an ideal course!
Knowadays Freelance Author Course: FAQs
Listed below are solutions to some incessantly requested questions on taking the freelance writing course with Knowadays:
Sure, the Knowadays freelance writing class is completely legit. It accommodates a lot of helpful data and supplies that will probably be invaluable to anyone contemplating setting out on a contract writing profession.
Sure, Knowadays was referred to as Proofreading Academy. It modified its title over a yr in the past however remains to be successfully the identical firm.
The Changing into a Freelance Author course prices $999. Nonetheless, you will get 25% off in the event you benefit from the “GOATS25” low cost code. Click on right here for particulars.
The world of freelance writing might be very aggressive. Taking a contract writing course may also help to offer you an edge over your rivals. Consider it as an funding in your future success as a contract author.
Knowadays offers everybody who scores 80% or greater on this course the chance to jot down as much as three weblog posts for the corporate’s content material creation group. This can be a nice technique to get your work printed and featured and is more likely to be particularly beneficial to these beginning out with out a big (or present) portfolio of earlier work.
General, Changing into a Freelance Author is a very wonderful course. It’s packed stuffed with helpful data, sensible suggestions, and actionable recommendation that will help you get your freelance writing profession off to the absolute best begin.
This course gives you a stable basis for a profitable (and doubtlessly profitable) freelance writing profession. Freelance writing is a good factor to do, and in the event you’ve been contemplating taking the leap for some time, I strongly advocate going for it – I want you one of the best of luck!