Simply over a yr after the announcement of Solar Worldwide’s formidable R295 million (€14,6m) Lefika Villas growth at Solar Metropolis, Part 1 of the venture is 85% full and each villa is already totally booked for Christmas and New Yr.
The Lefika venture marks Solar Metropolis’s first five-star plus timeshare on provide on the Solar Trip Membership.
Chatting with media at a web site inspection final week, Solar Metropolis resort Normal Supervisor, Brett Hoppe, stated: “The event couldn’t have come at a extra opportune second. With the Nedbank Golf Problem beginning on November 6 and the tip of yr holidays quick approaching, we face unprecedented demand. Fortunately all ten of the four-bedroom villas and 65% of the three-bedroom Villas can be out there from November. The remaining villas will come on board by mid-December, simply in time for festive season bookings.”
The event consists of 48 three-bedroom and 10 free standing, four-bedroom villas, all en-suite. The brand new luxurious villas kind the primary section of a bigger growth envisaged for the Solar Trip Membership and features a membership home, new eating places and different facilities.
Janita Donaldson, Group Normal Supervisor for the Solar Trip Membership, stated: “We realised that the demand for high-end luxurious lodging was there, however the market response to the event exceeded all of our expectations and outstripped our gross sales predictions. By September this yr – 11 months after our sod-turning – our whole four-bedroom inventory has been bought and the tempo of gross sales for the three-bedroom villas can also be monitoring approach above expectation. Reservations opened on October 5 and that very same day, we acquired reservations from 22% of our members. Greater than 50% of the four-bedroom villas had been additionally booked for the subsequent 12 months.
Donaldson stated that 40% of Lefika Villas’ gross sales had been snapped up by current Solar Trip Membership members. The remaining 60% was purchased by new members, signing up for the primary time.
Homage to heritage
Lefika means ‘stone’ within the native Setswana language, and pays homage to the adjoining stone-walled Itlholanoga heritage web site – the true ‘Misplaced Metropolis’ of the better Solar Metropolis resort.
“The expansive mountain views from the villas evoke a sense of being in nature, constructed within the bushes on a mountainous web site, overlooking the valley beneath, with design inspiration generated from the native wildlife,” stated Boogertman + Companions Architectural Crew Supervisor, Lila Gouws, who hiked the positioning along with Panorama Architect Mariska Els for 2 days to realize an understanding of its ‘sense of place’.
Gouws stated vital pure options on web site, resembling rocky outcrops and enormous bushes, knowledgeable the position of every villa and ensured that every one the villas have magnificent unobstructed views, whereas being non-public from neighbours.
“Our modern South African interpretation adopted a bespoke method to the positioning and there are numerous components which have been particularly customized for the venture,” Gouws stated.
“The pure atmosphere was used as a driving think about all choices and influenced the color and materials palette; from the exterior pure stone partitions to the inside artwork, smooth furnishings, cutlery and crockery, creating a singular and really contextual aesthetic.”
Two of the three-bedroom villas have been designed for the mobility impaired, custom-made to be wheelchair-friendly, with seize handles and peak of basins tailored. “There are additionally emergency buttons throughout the villas to name ought to help be required,” stated Gouws.
All villas have a closed combustion hearth, an outside leisure deck with braai and leisure space. “As well as, the four-bedroom villas every characteristic their very own non-public plunge pool and a hearth pit to assemble round for late-night chats, or simply to take a seat within the silence of the Pilanesberg mountains when you gaze on the stars,” stated Hoppé.
Vast sidewalks join Lefika Villas to the hustle and bustle of the principle resort. A 5 minute stroll will take members to the bus cease from the place they’ll journey throughout the resort to the varied sights and facilities at Solar Metropolis.
Information and figures
100% South African suppliers and 95% South African merchandise used, making Lefika Villas proudly South African
13 native positive artists’ work used throughout the reception and villas
1168 contractors on web site throughout development
A 30% native spend proportion has been maintained through the use of roughly 50 subcontractors, service suppliers and native labour
Supplies used for the primary section embrace 2,2 million bricks, 4200m³ concrete and 370 tonnes of metal.