This web page is up to date frequently and supercedes all beforehand revealed Uganda journey data. Right here we cowl data regarding COVID-19 and Yellow Fever screening at Uganda’s Entebbe Worldwide Airport and share updates concerning the airport itself.
COVID-19 in Uganda – abstract
UPDATE June nineteenth 2023: I’ve been in/out of Entebbe Airport this month and at no level did I hear the dreaded phrases “COVID” “PCR” or “certificates” talked about. HOORAY. I admire the weblog reader who emailed to share that “unvaccinated travellers are not required to have a destructive PCR take a look at end result for entry into Uganda since 7 March.”
Arrivals at Entebbe Airport
Vacationers to Uganda are beneficial to verify with their airways relating to COVID-19 necessities or threat being denied boarding. The recommendation varies from airline to airline.
The arrivals course of at Entebbe Worldwide Airport follows this order:
- Sanitise arms [now optional].
- Have paperwork checked:
- Yellow Fever certificates [mine wasn’t checked last week].
- Move via immigration. (If you’re a vacationer, it’s crucial that you simply apply in your Uganda vacationer visa on-line prematurely. Some airways won’t will let you board with out your visa approval letter. ADVICE STILL APPLIES JUNE 2023). I’ve written extensively about Uganda vacationer visas and East Africa Vacationer Visas and incessantly reply visa-related enquiries.
- Accumulate your checked-in baggage.
- If you happen to want an ATM or Foreign exchange (overseas alternate), you’ll be able to entry each by the bags carousel.
- Move baggage (together with cabin luggage) via scanner.
- If you’re a vacationer, you could be met by a consultant of Uganda Tourism Board. UTB have a vacationer data desk and seating simply previous the bags assortment space. UTB employees are available to make cellphone calls and order taxis, for instance. This service is obtainable for all vacationers, 24 hours a day, even for individuals who journey independently. This initiative is spearheaded by Lilly Ajarova, CEO of the Uganda Tourism Board.
- Entebbe Airport has free WiFi.
- Exit airport.
- Take pleasure in fabulous Ugandan climate!
Departures at Entebbe Airport
- Vacationers departing Entebbe Worldwide Airport are required to know, perceive, and interpret COVID-19 necessities of each the nation they’re travelling to and the airline they’re flying with.
- The muzungu provides: I counsel having a print-out of your COVID-19 vaccination / destructive COVID PCR certificates [as per destination you are heading to]. Print services can be found on the airport however you’ll need to permit additional time to go to decrease floor flooring of arrivals.
December 2 2022: President Museveni introduced new directives beneficial by Uganda’s Nationwide Taskforce on COVID-19. In abstract these state that: everybody who attends “public conferences and gatherings in public locations” or who needs “to entry authorities and personal places of work” will need to have certificates proving full doses plus a booster or 24 hour PCR destructive take a look at for unvaccinated / partially vaccinated; indoor & out of doors masks mandates reinstated [I really don’t know what that means!] and “handshaking and hugging stay prohibited,” apparently.
The muzungu provides: Uganda is famously huge on guidelines and poor on implementation however these are the foundations, so be ready to point out your certificates(s) and/or put on a masks.
Yellow Fever in Uganda – abstract
Yellow Fever vaccinations are actually legitimate for all times, says the World Well being Group, so no boosters are wanted. You possibly can simply present a duplicate of your certificates in your cellphone on arrival at Entebbe. No Yellow Fever certificates? You possibly can have the jab at Entebbe Airport. This prices $40 (nonetheless, it takes ten days to take impact so do have the injection earlier than you enter Uganda, for those who can).
That mentioned, there’s virtually no threat of getting Yellow Fever. There was a handful of suspected infections in early 2022 however the minor outbreak was rapidly contained.
Ebola in Uganda – abstract
Lastly, on January 11 2023 (42 days with out new infections) the World Well being Group has declared “Uganda Ebola outbreak completed.” Thanks to the well being employees, Ugandan residents, authorities and donors who labored so onerous to free the nation of the virus.
Are you planning to journey to Uganda quickly? Be happy to contact me straight in case you have any journey questions.
The Journey Listing has an inventory of tour operators who can assist you propose a visit.
I frequently journey via Entebbe Airport. I write about my expertise at arrivals and about the check-in expertise at Entebbe Airport, each in 2021. Nonetheless, as said above, this web page supercedes all beforehand revealed Uganda journey data.