We go to Niagara Falls usually however not everybody has a automobile, particularly folks touring from in another country. So we need to share the expertise of tips on how to go from Toronto to Niagara for not solely locals but in addition vacationers and guests to our metropolis. Dave and I like visiting Niagara Falls, Canada, it’s certainly one of our favourite year-round Ontario locations and we have now visited Niagara numerous instances.
The right way to Get From Toronto to Niagara Falls
Ever since we first met in 1991, Dave and I’ve at all times made time for a weekend getaway in Niagara Falls. However till writing this text, we by no means considered taking the bus or transit there. So when Busbud requested us if we’d prefer to take a bus journey to wherever in North America, we selected the Toronto to Niagara Falls bus.
There are additionally many tour corporations the place you possibly can e-book day journeys to Niagara from Toronto, however Niagara Falls is very easy to get round by yourself. And Niagara is simple to get to from Toronto by bus, prepare, transit and automobile.
Journey Occasions to Niagara from Toronto
- Freeway Driving – 90 minutes of no visitors (nonetheless, it’s Toronto so that you’ll at all times have visitors, particularly on a weekday.
- Public Transit GOTrain / GoBus – 2 – 2.5 hours
- Bus Journey – 1 hour and 45 minutes (relying as soon as once more on visitors)
Toronto to Niagara Falls by Automobile
The journey to Niagara from Toronto by automobile is simple and affords flexibility when it comes to stops and detours. That is the way in which we usually go to Niagara Falls. We like having the luxurious of having the ability to drive to Niagara on the Lake to tour some wineries or to cease in Hamilton or Burlington to do some buying. In case you are driving to Niagara Falls from Toronto, right here is the route you’ll need to take.
Route: Essentially the most direct route is to take the Queen Elizabeth Approach (QEW) southbound from Toronto.
Length: The drive usually takes about 1.5 to 2 hours, relying on visitors.
Suggestions: Think about using Google Maps or Waze to examine for real-time visitors updates and potential delays. Parking is out there close to the falls, however it may possibly get crowded throughout peak instances and it may be costly, so arrive early or contemplate off-site parking choices. We discover that essentially the most cheap are the $5 tons that you simply’ll see on the way in which in. They promote $5 however it actually finally ends up being $15 for the day. (The $5 indicators they maintain are for 1 hour.)
Downton Toronto to Niagara Falls – Step-by-Step Instructions
- Begin from Downtown Toronto and navigate to the Gardiner Expressway West.
- Merge onto Gardiner Expressway West. Observe indicators for QEW/Hamilton.
- Proceed onto the QEW. The Gardiner Expressway will transition into the QEW as you progress westward at Burlington. Keep on the QEW within the left-hand lanes and comply with that in the direction of Hamilton.
- Bypass Hamilton. As you method Hamilton, the QEW will cut up. You may both proceed on the QEW/ON-403 W following indicators for Hamilton/Brantford or comply with the QEW Niagara, which is able to take you over the Burlington Skyway Bridge. For Niagara Falls, make sure you keep on or rejoin the QEW Niagara.
- Observe the QEW via St. Catharines. As you move St. Catharines, proceed following indicators for Niagara Falls/Fort Erie.
- Exit the QEW at Niagara Falls. As you method Niagara Falls, you’ll see exits for town. You may take exit 27 for McLeod Rd or exit 32 for ON-420 in the direction of Niagara Falls/USA Border, relying in your precise vacation spot within the Niagara Falls space.
- Observe native roads to your vacation spot. When you’ve exited the QEW, use native signage or your navigation system to succeed in the particular a part of Niagara Falls you need to go to. Listed below are instructions on Google Maps
Toronto to Niagara Falls by Megabus
The bus terminal in Toronto is positioned at Union Station. Buses go away all through the day beginning at 6:00 a.m. In case you are on a brief go to to town, you possibly can hop on an early bus to Niagara, spend the day sightseeing, and head again to Toronto on the 11 p.m. bus. You wouldn’t even have to alter Toronto inns.
You may e-book buses from Toronto to Niagara Falls shortly and simply via the Busbud reserving web site.
The Megabus terminal is positioned at 30 Lake Shore Blvd W, Toronto, ON M8W 1N4 and it additionally leaves from Scarborough. You may examine the instances and costs right here.
Arrival in Niagara Falls by Bus
The Niagara Falls bus terminal is positioned downtown within the Queens Avenue District at 4555 Eerie Avenue. Don’t let this idiot you. Downtown Niagara isn’t downtown close to the inns and points of interest. There are taxis ready exterior too or you possibly can simply name an Uber. It’s a 30-minute stroll to Clifton Hill.
You too can e-book with FLIXBUS which leaves from both downtown Toronto and Scarborough City Heart. It’s going to drop you off at Fallsview On line casino within the lodge zone which is nearer to Niagara points of interest such because the Skylon Tower, the incline railway, and Desk Rock Centre. Learn: The 30 Greatest Issues to do in Niagara Falls
If it’s a good day you possibly can stroll alongside the Niagara Parkway that takes you alongside the river. However the extra direct route is to show proper while you go away the terminal and carry on strolling till you get to Clifton Hill. It’s a simple simple stroll with pedestrian paths via the park.
Toronto to Niagara By Go Practice Transit
Go Transit is a handy choice for touring from Toronto to Niagara Falls. For simply $18 CAD roundtrip you possibly can loosen up from Toronto’s Union Station to Niagara Falls. One of the best factor is that it features a WEGO Bus move that connects the highest Niagara Falls points of interest. Learn extra: The Clifton Hill Enjoyable Move in Niagara Falls: Is it Value it?
Particular Weekend Service: Throughout summer season weekends and particular holidays, GO Transit affords direct prepare service from Toronto to Niagara Falls.
Suggestions: Utilizing a PRESTO card could make fare cost extra handy. The PRESTO card can be utilized for Toronto Transit and is simple to prime up when wanted. At all times examine the GO Transit schedule upfront, as timings would possibly differ, particularly on weekends.
Concerning the WEGO Bus
The WEGO bus is a hop-on-hop-off bus that takes you alongside to totally different Niagara Parks places alongside the Niagara River Hall connecting Niagara Falls points of interest resembling Whitewater Stroll, the Whirlpool AeroCar, Niagara Gorge, and Niagara-on-thepLake and extra.
The WEGO Bus has three totally different strains they usually all join on the Desk Rock Centre. That’s the place you possibly can simply hop on the bus to get wherever within the metropolis. Learn extra: The 30 Greatest Issues to Do in Niagara Falls
You too can take the GO Practice from Toronto’s Union Station to Burlington, the place you’ll switch to a GOBus that can take you to Niagara Falls.
Length: The mixed prepare and bus journey takes about 2 to 2.5 hours.
Particular Weekend Service: Throughout summer season weekends and particular holidays, GO Transit affords direct prepare companies from Toronto to Niagara Falls.
Toronto to Niagara by Practice
Travelling by prepare is a enjoyable and decadent strategy to journey. It seems like stepping again in time to take a scenic and cozy journey by way of rail. In case you are a prepare lover like us, you might need to take the prepare from Union Station in Toronto to Niagara Falls.
The prepare journey takes about 2 hours and operates via VIA Rail. You may examine the VIA Rail schedule for departure instances. Trains won’t be as frequent as buses, so planning is important.
You may e-book one-way or round-trip tickets. Costs begin at $50 and solely go away as soon as a day at 8:20 am. Particulars right here.
The Niagara Falls Practice Station is positioned at The GO/By way of prepare station and bus terminals are at 4555 Eerie Avenue and Bridge Avenue. The prepare station in Niagara Falls is a brief taxi or bus journey from the principle attraction.
Day Journeys from Toronto to Niagara Excursions
A day journey to Niagara can simply be accomplished from Toronto. There are a number of Toronto to Niagara Falls Excursions when you don’t need the trouble of making an attempt to determine tips on how to get to Niagara by bus, prepare, or coping with visitors. Listed below are just a few of our favorites.
Simply 90 minutes from Toronto, you will be on the falls for dawn after which with an journey move in hand, you possibly can see the highest points of interest in a day! Try one of the best Niagara Falls Day excursions right here.
Significantly, we’ve accomplished Niagara Falls in a day a number of instances. Journey behind the falls, The Hornblower (previously Maid of the Mist), Whitewater Stroll and Whirlpool Cable Automobile will be accomplished in a day. We’ve even thrown in a few wax museums and Nightmares on Clifton Hill into our day journey. Learn extra: 25 Day Journeys from Toronto to Escape the Metropolis
- (1 hour and 20 minutes from Toronto)
- Try extra Niagara Falls ideas
Most definitely in case you are flying internationally or from the US to see Niagara Falls, you’ll be flying into certainly one of Toronto’s airports Toronto Pearson Worldwide Airport (YYZ) or Billy Bishop (YTZ). Billy Bishop Airport is positioned in downtown Toronto. You may get to Niagara Falls by all of the methods listed above. You may simply stroll or take the ferry to Union Station.
The right way to Get to Niagara from Toronto Pearson YYZ
Getting from Toronto Pearson Worldwide Airport to Niagara Falls is comparatively simple. We virtually at all times suggest renting a automobile when visiting Ontario as it’s a enormous province and honestly, our public transit and prepare methods are overpriced and never one of the best. However listed below are some choices that will help you navigate from the airport to Niagara.
1. Driving (Rental Automobile):
- Exit Toronto Pearson Worldwide Airport and comply with indicators to merge onto ON-427 South.
- From ON-427 South, take the exit onto the QEW (Queen Elizabeth Approach) towards Hamilton.
- Proceed on the QEW, following indicators for Niagara/Fort Erie.
- As you method Niagara Falls, take exit 27 for McLeod Rd or exit 32 for ON-420 in the direction of Niagara Falls/USA Border, relying in your precise vacation spot.
- Length: About 1.5 to 2 hours, relying on visitors.
2. Shuttle Service:
- There are a number of shuttle companies that function between Pearson Worldwide Airport and Niagara Falls. It’s advisable to e-book these upfront.
- Length: The journey time is roughly 1.5 to 2 hours, just like driving.
3. Public Transit
- GO Transit:
- From Pearson Airport, take the UP Specific prepare to Union Station in downtown Toronto.
- From Union Station, you possibly can take the GO Practice to Burlington or St. Catharines after which switch to a GO Bus that goes to Niagara Falls.
- Length: This methodology is longer, taking round 3 to 4 hours or extra, relying on wait instances for connections.
4. Non-public Taxi or Journey Share
- Firms like Uber and Lyft function in Toronto and provide rides from Pearson Worldwide Airport to Niagara Falls. Conventional taxi corporations additionally present this service.
- Length: Roughly 1.5 to 2 hours, however might be longer with heavy visitors.
5. Direct Bus
- Some corporations, resembling Megabus, provide direct bus companies from Pearson Airport to Niagara Falls. Examine schedules and availability. Examine with FLIXBUS for schedules and charges right here / MegaBus Right here
- Length: Roughly 2 to 2.5 hours.
Keep in mind that journey instances can differ primarily based on visitors situations, the time of day, and different elements. At all times enable for some additional time, particularly when you’ve got particular plans or reservations in Niagara Falls.
Niagara Falls Attraction Quick Suggestions
There are a number of attraction passes to select from in Niagara Falls. We usually get the Niagara Sights Move from Niagara Parks which permits us to bundle a few of the prime Niagara Sights. For a flat payment, it grants entry to all the foremost points of interest just like the Hornblower Cruises. This well-known boat cruise takes you previous the American Falls and into the center of Horseshoe Falls. It additionally consists of Journey Behind the Falls, Whitewater Stroll, and entry to the WEGO bus that stops in any respect the foremost points of interest.
You should purchase an Journey Move upfront for deep reductions. It may be used anytime within the yr you purchase it.
Is there a direct prepare from Toronto to Niagara?
Sure, there’s a direct prepare from Toronto to Niagara with By way of Rail. There may be one prepare per day, so be certain to e-book upfront. A prepare journey from Toronto to Niagara prices about $35 CAD.
Is there a bus from Toronto to Niagara Falls?
Sure, there are a number of buses each day from Toronto to Niagara Falls leaving from the principle Toronto bus terminal on Dundas Avenue downtown. Learn extra right here.
How Far is Niagara Falls from Toronto?
Niagara Falls is 128 km from Toronto and takes 2 hours to drive by automobile from downtown Toronto. Buses can take 2-hours and 10 minutes to three 1/2 hours relying on the stops.
Can I get to Niagara Falls from Toronto Pearson Worldwide Airport by Bus?
Sure, buses go away a number of instances a day from Toronto Pearson to Niagara Falls. You may examine Busbud for extra schedules and prices.
To e-book your bus from Toronto to Niagara Falls or wherever on the earth go to Busbud for on-line bookings.